Department of Radiology & Radiography
Head: -currently unspecified-
- 10 X-Ray rooms; 12 machines
- This department caters for inand outpatients
- Specialised procedures eg Ultrasound, Mammography, Urology and GIT patients
- 7 X-Ray rooms; 12 machines
- Caters for outpatients during the day, but both in- and outpatients at night
Maternity & Neonatal ICU Department:
- 1 X-Ray room
- Caters for Neonates, Wards and staff members
- 4 X-Ray rooms
- Caters for in- and outpatients specialised procedures eg brain & body scans, Angiograms, fluoroscopy and cardiac catheterisation examinations
- Caters for Intensive Care Unitpatients only
The Radiology Department excels in their services by performing approximately 1'000 Brain and Body Scans per month.
The School of Radiography took part in the Open Day, which was held at the Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College on 7 September 2001. Ms Daisy Chauke, Clinical Tutor, and two students, demonstrated to the guests, attending the Open Day, what Radiography is all about.
Two members of staff attended an International Radiographers Workshop on Trauma Management, which was held in Botswana.
The Radiology Department at Bara has embarked on a full scale Quality Assurance Programme.
You may check back later for updated content or contact the hospital directly.
Are you Head of this department or a doctor who works at this department?
how to improve this page.